Briggs & Stratton Corp. (BGG) Raises Quarterly Dividend 4.2% to $0.125; Adds $50M to Buyback
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Briggs & Stratton Corp. (NYSE: BGG) declared a quarterly dividend of $0.125 per share, or $0.5 annualized. This is a 4.2% increase from the prior dividend of $0.12.
The dividend will be payable on October 1, 2014, to stockholders of record on September 17, 2014, with an ex-dividend date of September 15, 2014.
The annual yield on the dividend is 2.6 percent.
The Board of Directors also authorized an additional $50 million in funds for use in the Company's stock repurchase program with an expiration of June 30, 2016. BGG will repurchase shares of common stock, using available cash, on the open market or in private transactions from time to time, depending on market conditions.
Todd Teske, Briggs & Stratton Corporation Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "The Board's actions today reflect continued confidence in our strategy and the long-term prospects of the business. Our business continues to deliver healthy cash flow and our balance sheet remains strong. The increased dividends and additional share repurchases demonstrate our commitment to delivering returns for our shareholders."
For a dividend history and other dividend-related data on Briggs & Stratton Corp. (BGG) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI) Raises Quarterly Dividend 60% to $0.08; Approves $50M Buyback Program
- Thor Industries (THO) Declares $0.41 Quarterly Dividend; 1.6% Yield
- Washington Trust Bancorp (WASH) Declares $0.52 Quarterly Dividend; 3.8% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividend Hike, Dividends, Management Comments, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!