Talks between SEC and Bitcoin ETF issuers in 'advanced' stages - report
- S&P 500, Nasdaq close at fresh records on AI boost, easing yields
- Goldman removes Apple stock from 'US Conviction List - Directors' Cut'
- Boeing in talks to acquire Spirit AeroSystems, analysts discuss 'negative' financial benefits
- Stocks climb, yields fall as data supports rate cut bets
- Dell tops estimates on boost from AI-led server demand, shares jump premarket
Discussions between the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and asset managers seeking to launch Bitcoin exchange-traded funds (ETFs) have progressed to key technical details, suggesting potential approval of these products, according to Reuters.
The talks now cover custody arrangements, creation and redemption mechanisms, and investor risk disclosures. A potential Bitcoin ETF approval could open access for investors through the regulated stock market, with expected demand reaching $3 billion in the initial days.
Thirteen firms, including Grayscale Investments, BlackRock, Invesco, and ARK Investments, have pending ETF applications.
The SEC, historically cautious about bitcoin ETFs due to investor protection concerns, has engaged in substantive discussions following a court ruling in August that deemed its rejection of Grayscale's ETF application incorrect.
The SEC's final decision on ARK's filing, the first in line, is due by January 10, and the advanced nature of discussions hints at possible approval in the New Year.
The ongoing talks have coincided with a recent surge in Bitcoin prices to a 20-month high.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fisker (FSR) crashes 40% on going concern doubts; Citi downgrades amid near-term risks
- General Electric (GE) Approves Spin-Off of GE Vernova; GE Vernova and GE Aerospace to Launch April 2, 2024
- Techprecision Corporation (TPCS) Receives Nasdaq Non-compliance Notice
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCryptocurrency, ETFs, Hot List, Rumors
Related EntitiesBitcoin, ARK, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!