FTX Close to BlockFi Acquisition For 'Pennies on the Dollar' - CNBC
- Wall Street closes little changed on Fed policy fears
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Stock Tumbles After Weak Q2 Preliminary Results on Gaming Weakness
- JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley and Citi Discuss Outlook for US Stocks
- Vista Equity Partners to Take Avalara (AVLR) Private in an $8.4 Billion Deal
- Palantir (PLTR) Stock Tumbles 15% on Soft Outlook, Citi Sees Many Negatives
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FTX, the cryptocurrency exchange led by Sam Bankman-Fried, is said to be close to a deal to acquire crypto lender BlockFi for "pennies on the dollar," according to CNBC.
Citing sources, the CNBC article reports that the term sheet is nearly completed and expected to be signed by the end of the week. They add that FTX will pay approximately $25 million, around 99% below BlockFi's most recent private valuation, which valued the company at $4.8 billion, according to PitchBook.
The sources told CNBC that the acquisition could take multiple months to conclude, while the price tag could change by Friday, marking the end of the quarter.
Reports previously emerged that FTX was looking to acquire a stake in BlockFi.
A week ago, FTX provided a $250 million emergency line of credit to BlockFi, with Bankman-Fried stating the financing would help the company "navigate the market from a position of strength."
Another CNBC source reportedly stated investors in BlockFi have been "wiped out" and are now writing off losses.
Earlier today, Oppenheimer analyst Owen Lau said the crypto market is in a crisis with the collapse of Terra/Luna, the Celsius Network pausing client withdrawals, Three Arrows looking for restructuring and a bailout, Babel Finance suspending redemptions and withdrawals, and Voyager having substantial loan exposure to Three Arrows.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vista Equity Said Near Deal for Avalara (AVLR) - Bloomberg
- EuroDry Ltd. (EDRY) Announces $10M Share Buyback, Reports Q2
- Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) Shares Tick Higher After Pfizer Buy Agreed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCryptocurrency, Hot List, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!