Elon Musk on Twitter: I will eat a happy meal on tv if @McDonalds accepts Dogecoin
- S&P, Dow eke out another record closing high as Nvidia momentum endures
- Goldman Sachs no longer expects Fed rate cut in May - reports
- Stocks eke out gain as Nvidia rally slows, yields slip
- Oil ends lower, posts weekly decline as US rate cut hopes dim
- Dollar index on track for first weekly fall this year
Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted he would eat a happy meal on TV if McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) starts accepting cryptocurrency Dogecoin.
The tweet from Musk is in response to a Twitter-frenzy started Dogecoin founder Billy Markus when he tweeted an image of the Dogecoin meme stealing a McDonald's french fry.
McDonald's then added to the frenzy by tweeting" "We appreciate hearing your interest and continuously evaluate the payments experience." McDonald's also followed up with a tweet "how are you doing people who run crypto twitter accounts."
Musk has been a vocal proponent of Dogecoin over the last year or so and even discussed the cryptocurrency on SNL in May 2021. Musk recently announced you can use Dogecoin to buy Tesla merchandise.
I will eat a happy meal on tv if @McDonalds accepts Dogecoin— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) January 25, 2022
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Worksport Ltd (WKSP) Enters Distribution Partnership with Dix Performance North
- ZK International Group (ZKIN) Receives Nasdaq Non-compliance Notice
- Fannie Mae (FNMA) Appoints Peter Akwaboah as COO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCryptocurrency, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!