Classic Rug Pull? Cuban Confirms a Titan Hit After Coin Went from $60 to Near Zero
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
IMAGE via Reuters
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Billionaire investor and entrepreneur Mark Cuban said he was “hit” by a token market crash on Wednesday, which involved the price of a token named Iron Titanium Token, also known as TITAN, plunging from more than $60 to nearly 0, according to CoinGecko.
The token was issued by Iron Finance, a stablecoin protocol that developed the IRON Stablecoin project to avoid price volatility. Finder.com founder Fred Schebesta, who also invested in Iron Finance, said the unexpected token crash happened due to the panic-selling by "whales".
"TITAN's price went to $65 and then pulled back to $60. This caused whales to start selling," said Schebesta.
Cuban is a known proponent of TITAN, and has previously voiced his support for the token on his blog.
On June 13, Cuban published a post titled "The Brilliance of Yield Farming, Liquidity Providing and Valuing Crypto Projects," where he said he was a liquidity provider (LP) for the QuickSwap decentralized exchange platform.
"I provide 2 different tokens (DAI/TITAN) that enable QuikSwap to offer swaps between these two tokens," he wrote.
TITAN has been criticized by some who consider it a so-called “rug pull”, which refers to a scam where crypto developers abandon a project after a while and collect investors' funds.
Schebesta denied such allegations and noted there was no rug pull involved with TITAN.
Cuban has also recently joined the decentralized dClimate network, the first decentralized network to collect and monetize climate data, forecasts, and models and then sell them on.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Guggenheim's Minerd: Stocks Could Fall 15% in Fall as September and October May Be 'Very Rough', Bitcoin (BTC) Could Drop to $15k and Says a Lot of Crypto is 'Just Junk'
- Elon Musk Says Bitcoin has Potential, in General is a Supporter, Not Necessary Good for Environment
- PolarityTE (PTE) says it's not related to the Peet DeFi crypto currency asset
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCryptocurrency
Related EntitiesMark Cuban
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!