Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Cathie Wood's ARK used yesterday's weaknesses in Bitcoin to load up on some Bitcoin-related securities. The fund added 214,718 shares of Coinbase (NASDAQ: COIN) and 1,046,002 shares of Grayscale Bitcoin Investment Trust (OTC: GBTC), among other trades. Yesterday, Bitcoin plunged below $30,000, before recovering today to $34.000.
The dollar value of both trades is about $77 million based on yesterday's closing price.
Below is a summary of ARK's trades on 06/22/21:
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Guggenheim's Minerd: Stocks Could Fall 15% in Fall as September and October May Be 'Very Rough', Bitcoin (BTC) Could Drop to $15k and Says a Lot of Crypto is 'Just Junk'
- Wall Street closes up after choppy trading due to higher jobless claims
- Wood Sees Bitcoin as Hedge Against Inflation and Deflation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCryptocurrency, ETFs, Hedge Funds, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBitcoin, ARK
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!