Cathie Wood Expects Bitcoin (BTC) to Rise to More Than $500,000 Over Next Five Years
- Wall Street slips on tech losses, tax uncertainty weighs
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
- Dollar hits three-week high, boosted by recent upbeat data, Fed taper view
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Cathie Wood, the founder and CIO of Ark Invest, believes the Bitcoin (BTC) price could exceed $500,000 over the next five months.
Speaking at the SALT conference in New York yesterday, Wood reiterated her bullish stance on cryptocurrencies, namely Bitcoin and Ethereum (ETH).
“We believe that the price will be tenfold of where it is today. So instead of $45,000, over $500,000,” said Wood.
"Ether, however, is seeing an explosion in developer activity thanks to NFTs and DeFi. I'm fascinated with what's going on in DeFi, which is collapsing the cost of the infrastructure for financial services in a way that I know that the traditional financial industry does not appreciate right now."
“Confidence in Ether has gone up dramatically as we’ve seen at the beginning of this transition from PoW to PoS. We’ll still probably do 60% BTC and 40% ETH,” Wood added.
As of August 05, ARK Investment Management owned 721,936 shares of Grayscale Ethereum Trust, estimated to be worth $16.2 million at that time.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys Berkeley Lights (BLI) on Short-Seller Related Sell-Off, Trims More Tesla (TSLA)
- 7 Things to Know About the Upcoming Argo Blockchain (ARBK) IPO
- Hyzon Motors to supply 154-ton fuel cell-powered hydrogen trucks to Australian subsidiary of Korea Zinc, world's largest zinc producer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCryptocurrency, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBitcoin, ARK
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!