Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bitcoin prices fell nearly 8% after Elon Musk said Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) has suspended vehicle purchases using Bitcoin.
Musk said they are concerned about the "rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels for Bitcoin mining and transactions, especially coal..."
Musk said the company will not be selling any Bitcoin and intend to use it in transactions as soon as mining transitions to more sustainable energy.
They will also look at other cryptocurrencies that use <1% of Bitcoin's energy/transaction.
Tesla & Bitcoin pic.twitter.com/YSswJmVZhP— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 12, 2021
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- $274M in Insider Sales from Previously 2nd Most Important Person at Tesla (TSLA) Should Raise Eyebrows - GLJ Research
- Outgoing Head of Tesla (TSLA) Heavy Trucking Guillen Files to Sell Another $90M in Stock
- U.S. safety agency probes 10 Tesla crash deaths since 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCryptocurrency, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Bitcoin
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!