Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Month Lows Before Bouncing as Musk Confirms Tesla Has Not Sold Any BTC
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bitcoin (BTC) price has continued to trade in a volatile manner as the world’s largest cryptocurrency reacts to tweets published by Tesla's (NASDAQ: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk.
Yesterday, BTC price sold off to hit the low $42,000s and mark a 3-month low for the cryptocurrency. A sell-off started when Musk suggested that Tesla may be considering or may have sold off its bitcoin holdings.
A Twitter user wrote that "Bitcoiners are going to slap themselves next quarter when they find out Tesla dumped the rest of their #Bitcoin holdings. With the amount of hate @elonmusk is getting, I wouldn't blame him…". Bitcoin bulls didn’t like that Musk replied “indeed” to this tweet.
However, the price action then rebounded Monday overnight to now trade above the $45,000 mark.
"A nice pop, but this is small versus the Musk-induced selling that has been taking place lately," said Neil Wilson, chief market analyst at Markets.com.
"There is nothing new I can say about bitcoin – volatile, highly speculative, easy to manipulate; a bubble."
A rebound was facilitated by Musk’s latest tweet to confirm that "Tesla has not sold any bitcoin".
"Why would I want to buy bitcoin right now - even if I’m bullish - until the liquidation is over and you see some consolidation in price?" said Chris Weston of brokerage Pepperstone in Melbourne.
"I am closing the short-bitcoin/long-ethereum trade and moving to the sidelines. I feel the dust really needs to settle here,” he added.
Ethereum (ETH) price also rebounded about 10% off the lows to trade just above the $3,500 handle.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- $274M in Insider Sales from Previously 2nd Most Important Person at Tesla (TSLA) Should Raise Eyebrows - GLJ Research
- NHTSA Checking 10 Deaths Involving Tesla (TSLA) Cars In Last 5 Years
- Tesla (TSLA) is getting closer to production at Gigafactory Texas as Model Y body is spotted on-site - Electrek
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCryptocurrency, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Tesla, Bitcoin
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!