UPDATE: Russia May be Cut to Junk by S&P (RSX) (RUSS)
- Wall St ends lower, pulled down by tech stocks
- AT&T (T) to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) in Blockbuster Deal, Valuation Estimated at $150 Billion
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Enters Aon plc (AON), Sells Most of Wells Fargo (WFC) Stake
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Month Lows Before Bouncing as Musk Confirms Tesla Has Not Sold Any BTC
- Morgan Stanley Sees a Path for Amazon.com (AMZN) to Hit $6,000 In the Next 12 Months
- We are reviewing our assessment of Russia's monetary flexibility and the impact of the weakening economy on its financial system.
- As a result, we are placing our long-term sovereign credit ratings on Russia on CreditWatch with negative implications.
- We expect to resolve the CreditWatch upon the conclusion of our review, which we expect by mid-January.
On Dec. 23, 2014, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services placed its 'BBB-/A-3' long- and short-term foreign-currency sovereign ratings and 'BBB/A-2' local-currency sovereign credit ratings on Russia on CreditWatch with negative implications.
The CreditWatch placement stems from what we view as a rapid deterioration of Russia's monetary flexibility and the impact of the weakening economy on its financial system.
The placement of the rating on CreditWatch with negative implications reflects Standard & Poor's view that there is at least a one-in-two likelihood of a negative rating action within 90 days.
We plan to resolve the CreditWatch placement by mid-January.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Elliott Management Sends Letter to Board of Directors of Duke Energy (DUK), Confirms It is Urging a 3-Way Split
- Nasdaq 100 Futures Gain 0.6%, S&P 500 Up 0.1%
- Gold Futures Extend Gain, Up 1.4%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings, ETFs, Forex, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!