S&P Lifts Outlook on Vale S.A. (VALE) to Stable; Ratings Affirmed
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
S&P Global revised its outlook on our global and national scale ratings on Vale S.A. (NYSE: VALE) to stable from negative. We also affirmed our 'BBB-' global scale corporate credit ratings and issue-level ratings on bonds issued through Vale Canada Ltd., Vale Overseas Ltd., and PT Vale Indonesia Tbk. At the same time, we affirmed our 'brAAA' Brazilian national scale ratings on Vale.
We have just revised upwards our price curve assumptions for iron ore, nickel, and gold (please see "S&P Global Ratings Revises Its Price Assumptions For Iron Ore, Gold, Zinc, And Aluminum", published Aug. 26, 2016).
The higher prices are yielding incremental cash flows for Vale, which help alleviate the pressure on its cash flows and leverage ratios stemming from its aggressive investment plan. In this scenario, the need for Vale to divest its assets to avoid debt from rising, in our opinion, is less necessary than before, at least from a ratings perspective. We still believe market conditions may weaken in the next year or so, because we assume prices to soften. However, our revised estimates suggest that Vale will increase its operating cash generation by around $2 billion in 2016, higher than our previous estimates, while maintaining cash levels close to $3 billion by year-end, which would make the company more resilient to downturn scenarios.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vale S.A. (VALE) PT Raised to $24 at UBS
- S&P Global (SPGI) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; Guidance Raised
- GXO Logistics (GXO), Victoria's Secret (VSCO) & GameStop (GME) Set to Join S&P MidCap 400; Strategic Education (STRA), World Fuel Services (INT) & Lakeland Financial (LKFN) to Join S&P SmallCap 600
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!