eBay (EBAY) Issues Update on Proposed Transaction of eBay Classifieds Group
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) can confirm that the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has announced that it considers there are reasonable grounds to believe the remedies presented by eBay and Adevinta address their concerns with respect to the proposed transaction between eBay and Adevinta.
The remedies proposed by eBay and Adevinta are the divestment of each company's primary classifieds operations in the UK: Shpock, Gumtree (UK) and Motors.co.uk. These remedies have been proposed in response to the competition concerns raised by the CMA on February 16, 2021.
In 2019, eBay Classifieds Group's UK business accounted for less than 10% of its consolidated revenues and Adevinta's UK business accounted for only 1% of its consolidated revenues. On a combined basis, the UK would represent less than 5% of total consolidated revenues.
eBay and Adevinta remain excited about the proposed combination of Adevinta and eBay Classifieds Group and now target closing the transaction in Q2 2021, subject to final ratification of the remedies execution plan by the CMA and receipt of outstanding regulatory approval in Austria.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Reservoir Holdings to List on NASDAQ Through Merger with Roth CH Acquisition II Co. (ROCC)
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI) Annonuces Laurie R. Beyer to Board
- Grab to Go Public in Partnership with Altimeter (AGC) for Equity Value of $39.6 Billion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!