Zendesk (ZEN) Investor Light Street Capital Will Vote Against $10.2bn Takeover Deal
- Wall St mixed as traders assess economic data, megacaps rebound
- U.S. job openings fall to 8.733 million in October - JOLTS report
- Hedge Funds were big sellers of Big Tech stocks last week - Morgan Stanley
- CVS Health adds 2% as 2024 revenue outlook tops estimates
- Take-Two dips as analysts flag possible disappointment over GTA VI release date
Light Street Capital Management, which manages funds that owns over 2% of shares of Zendesk (NYSE: ZEN), said on Monday that it will vote against Zendesk's proposed $10.2 billion takeover.
Instead, Light Street has suggested that the software business remains a standalone company and searches for a new CEO.
The investor stated that the deal agreed in June with investment firms led by Hellman & Friedman and Permira undervalues Zendesk and that it intends to vote against the proposed transaction.
Light Street instead made other proposals, such as a recapitalization of the business consisting of a $2 billion preferred equity investment arranged by Light Street and a $2 billion incremental debt facility, the expansion of the Zendesk Board to ten seats, and the formation of a special committee to search for and hire a successor Chief Executive Officer. They also suggested a $5 billion company-led tender offer at $82.50 per share for shareholders who would like to sell their shares.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midday movers: CVS Health, Apple, and more
- GitLab jumps 15% following Q3 beat & guidance raise; Seen as a 'good quarter'
- Nio (NIO) unit, state owned firm wins bid for JAC assets
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, General News, Hedge Funds, Hot List, Private Equity
Related EntitiesHellman & Friedman LLC, Permira
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!