Xpeng (XPEV) Leaps After Receiving a Green Light From Regulators to Raise Up To $2 Billion in Hong Kong IPO
- Futures rise ahead of weekly jobless claims data
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises on Mideast tensions but virus concerns weigh
- Roku (ROKU) Falls Sharply on Significant Slowdown in Streaming Views, Analysts Divided
- Dollar holds gains after Fed comments, sterling ticks up after BoE
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Xpeng (NYSE: XPEV) has been allowed to advance its plans to raise funds through the Hong Kong IPO, Reuters reports.
XPEV has received a green light from the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing committee to do a dual primary listing. This means the company will be subjected to rules and regulations of both U.S. and Hong Kong regulators, as the shares are already available for trading in New York and has a market capitalization of $32 billion.
A CNBC report says that XPEV plans to raise between $1 billion and $2 billion in the upcoming IPO. JPMorgan Chase and BOFA will act as the main banks working on the listing.
The EV company delivered 5,686 cars in May, which represents an increase of 483% compared to a year ago. For this quarter, Xpeng is aiming to deliver between 15,500 and 16,000 vehicles.
Earlier this month, Citi analyst Jeff Chung raised the price target on XPeng to $50.30 (from $50.00) while maintaining a “Buy” rating. He argues that based on the terminal value, Xpeng is more valuable than Nio (NYSE: NIO).
Shares of the company are up over 5% in pre-open Wednesday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Robinhood (HOOD) Files to Offer Up to ~98M Shares for Holders on Conversion of Convertible Notes
- Softbank-Backed Zymergen (ZY) Crashes Over 70% as CEO Departs, Product Revenue Not Possible in 2021 and 'Immaterial' in 2022, At Least 6 Firms Downgrade
- Pico to Go Public Through Combination with FTAC Athena Acquisition Corp. (FTAA)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, IPOs, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Citi, IPO, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!