XPeng Inc. (XPEV) delivered total of 5,102 Smart EVs in March
- Global stocks grind higher on growth hopes, oil ebbs on COVID-19 fears
- Oil losses deepen on U.S. stock build and pandemic fears
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys Over 5M Shares of Skillz (SKLZ), Nearly 3M Shares of IPO UiPath (PATH)
- Euro tiptoes higher ahead of ECB meeting
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
XPeng Inc. (“XPeng” or the “Company”, NYSE: XPEV), a leading Chinese smart electric vehicle (“Smart EV”) company, today announced its vehicle delivery results for March and the first quarter 2021.
Xpeng delivered a total of 5,102 Smart EVs in March 2021, consisting of 2,855 P7s, the Company’s sports smart sedan, and 2,247 G3s, its smart compact SUV. The Company’s March deliveries represent a 384% increase year-over-year and a 130% increase from the previous month.
The Company achieved record quarterly deliveries of 13,340 Smart EVs in the first quarter of 2021, representing a 487% increase year-over-year, demonstrating its robust growth momentum despite the seasonal industry-wide slowdown in car sales.
The Company attributed the record quarterly deliveries to its growing brand recognition and product appeal, expanded product portfolio and its relentless efforts in broadening sales, marketing and supercharging service networks across China.
In March 2021, the Company reached the benchmark of delivering cumulative 50,000 Smart EVs and started deliveries of its P7 Wing edition which was unveiled in November last year. The Company also launched lithium iron phosphate, or LFP, battery-powered G3 SUVs and P7 sedans in China, anticipating deliveries to begin in April and May, respectively. Powered by its proprietary Navigation Guided Pilot, XPeng successfully completed China’s longest autonomous driving expedition in March, setting records for autonomous driving in the production vehicle category. XPeng plans to unveil its third production model in the second quarter 2021, with deliveries planned in the fourth quarter 2021.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WNS Holdings (WNS) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY22 EPS Guidance Above Consensus, Provides FY21 Revenues Outlook
- Qualtrics International (XM) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q & FY21 EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Allegion plc (ALLE) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS Guidance Above Consensus, Boosts FY21 Revenue/Growth Outlook