Wirecard Enters Agreement to Acquire Citi Prepaid Card Services
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Wirecard AG announces that it has reached a definitive agreement with Citi Holdings to acquire the Citi Prepaid Card Services, by way of a combined share and asset deal. Citi Prepaid Card Services, with its global footprint, launched over 2,500 programs associated with top companies and brands across the world, primarily in North America.
Subject to obtaining regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions, closing is expected as early as the fourth quarter of 2016 when the total purchase price is due for payment in cash. Wirecard is estimating an EBITDA contribution of the acquired business of more than USD 20 million (EUR 18 million) for the fiscal year 2017. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Wirecard will be assuming all current staff with more than 100 employees at the head office in Conshohocken (Philadelphia) and 20 employees at different international hubs.
The customer portfolio of the acquired business consists of leading telecommunication service providers, health sciences companies, global IT and electronics manufacturers, internet and consumer goods corporations as well as public sector clients. The portfolio is largely comprised of incentive and compensation cards as well as corporate disbursement programs.
he acquired prepaid card business will benefit from integrating with Wirecard's existing global payments platform to expand the features and functionality currently available to their clients around the world.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IPO for SPAC Sanaby Health Acquisition Corp. I (SANB) Opens at $10.06
- BancorpSouth (BXS) and Cadence Bancorporation (CADE) Receive Regulatory Approval for Merger
- Compass Diversified (CODI) Announces Sale of Advanced Circuits
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCiti, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!