Wirecard Enters Agreement to Acquire Citi Prepaid Card Services
- Wall St edges lower as Fed fears mount
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P 500 weekly preview: Stocks rally likely over - analysts
- Public Storage (PSA) makes an $11 billion unsolicited offer for Life Storage (LSI)
- Goldman reacts positively to Newmont's new $17 billion bid for Newcrest Mining
- Soft landing already priced in, S&P 500 upside limited from here - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wirecard AG announces that it has reached a definitive agreement with Citi Holdings to acquire the Citi Prepaid Card Services, by way of a combined share and asset deal. Citi Prepaid Card Services, with its global footprint, launched over 2,500 programs associated with top companies and brands across the world, primarily in North America.
Subject to obtaining regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions, closing is expected as early as the fourth quarter of 2016 when the total purchase price is due for payment in cash. Wirecard is estimating an EBITDA contribution of the acquired business of more than USD 20 million (EUR 18 million) for the fiscal year 2017. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Wirecard will be assuming all current staff with more than 100 employees at the head office in Conshohocken (Philadelphia) and 20 employees at different international hubs.
The customer portfolio of the acquired business consists of leading telecommunication service providers, health sciences companies, global IT and electronics manufacturers, internet and consumer goods corporations as well as public sector clients. The portfolio is largely comprised of incentive and compensation cards as well as corporate disbursement programs.
he acquired prepaid card business will benefit from integrating with Wirecard's existing global payments platform to expand the features and functionality currently available to their clients around the world.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ServiceNow (NOW) dips as CEO McDermott sells ~$25M in stock for property purchase
- Newmont (NEM) call put ratio 2 calls to 1 put as shares sell off 3.9%
- Public Storage (PSA) offers to acquire Life Storage (LSI) in all-stock deal worth $11 billion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCiti, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!