Weyerhaeuser (WY) Confirms Acquisition of 69.2K Acres of Timberlands in Southwest Alabama from Greif Inc. (GEF) Subsidiary Soterra for $149M
- Microsoft (MSFT) Near Deal to Acquire Nuance (NUAN) - Report
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) today announced an agreement to purchase 69,200 acres of high-quality Alabama timberlands from Soterra, a subsidiary of Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF) for approximately $149 million. The acquisition is comprised of highly productive timberlands situated in southwest Alabama, approximately 100 miles north of Mobile.
Key attributes include:
- Strategically located in one of the strongest inland sawlog and fiber markets in the U.S. South, with a deep and expanding base of customers and future export opportunities
- Fee simple ownership, highly integrated with existing Weyerhaeuser timberland operations
- Excellent operability, with significant all-weather logging access and well-developed road network
- Well-stocked timber inventory, including 76-percent plantation acreage with average age of 14 years, and an opportunity for increased productivity over time
- Immediate and sustained cash flow, with anticipated 10-year average Adjusted EBITDA of approximately $7 million annually
"This transaction is a great opportunity to enhance our portfolio by acquiring high-quality, well-managed timberlands with low operating risk," said Devin W. Stockfish, president and chief executive officer. "These timberlands are located in favorable markets and well-integrated with our existing supply chain, and we have strong relationships with a diverse and reliable set of customers in the area. We expect these timberlands to drive long-term value for our company."
Weyerhaeuser owns or manages nearly 600,000 acres and also operates two mills and a nursery in Alabama. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the second quarter of 2021.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Grab is said to announce deal with Altimeter Growth Corp (AGC) next week - Bloomberg
- Retail Value (RVI) Announces Sale of Marketplace of Brown Deer
- Sanofi (SNY) Acquires Tidal Therapeutics for $160M Upfront and Up to $310M in Milestones
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!