Werner Enterprises (WERN) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street closes lower as virus spike hits travel stocks
- Netflix (NFLX) Tops Q1 EPS by 78c, Subs Miss
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Soars as Bidding War Brews After Canadian National Railway (CNI) Makes a $33.7 Billion Offer
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Boeing (BA) Down 3% After CFO - Aged 54 - Retires, Seen as an 'Odd' Move
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Werner Enterprises (NASDAQ: WERN) reported Q4 EPS of $0.89, $0.11 better than the analyst estimate of $0.78. Revenue for the quarter came in at $620.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $615.62 million.
Fourth Quarter 2020 Highlights
- Total revenues of $620.3 million, flat YoY, up 5% sequentially
- Operating income of $81.5 million, up 24% YoY, up 31% sequentially; non-GAAP adjusted operating income of $82.7 million, up 30% YoY, up 29% sequentially
- Operating margin of 13.1%, up 250 bps YoY, up 260 bps sequentially; non-GAAP adjusted operating margin of 13.3%, up 310 bps YoY, up 240 bps sequentially
- Diluted EPS of $0.88, up 26% YoY, up 31% sequentially; non-GAAP adjusted diluted EPS of $0.89, up 33% YoY, up 29% sequentially
“Werner produced strong results in the fourth quarter by safely delivering superior on-time service to our customers,” said Derek J. Leathers, Vice Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “I have never been more proud of our Werner team. Their resilience, tenacity and perseverance in 2020 enabled us to overcome significant obstacles and challenges.
“I am confident that Werner is very well-positioned to continue our success in 2021. Our young fleet and the high performance delivered by our associates are enabling us to deliver differentiated service levels while efficiently managing our controllable costs. The driver market remains challenging, which should limit growth in truckload industry capacity at a time when we expect demand to be strong due to our customers’ low inventory levels. Werner is poised to achieve sustainable performance improvement going forward.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Werner Enterprises (WERN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Edwards Lifesciences (EW) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS Outlook
- CN (CNI) Confirms 'Superior' $325/Share Bid for Kansas City Southern (KSU)
- Fulton Financial (FULT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!