Wendy's (WEN) Misses Q4 EPS by 1c, Revenues Miss
- S&P 500, Dow close slightly up; Nvidia gains after the bell
- Nvidia guidance tops estimates as AI-led chip demand continues; shares jump
- More signs inflation is slowing before pivot to cuts as upside risks emerge: Fed
- Rivian production guidance falls short; shares slump
- Yields rise on Fed fears of cutting rates too soon, stocks mixed
Wendy's (NASDAQ: WEN) reported Q4 EPS of $0.17, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.18. Revenue for the quarter came in at $474.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $476.39 million.
"I could not be more proud of our results and the work that was done by the Wendy's® System across the globe in 2020 with all the challenges we faced and overcame during the year. I am confident that we have emerged as a stronger, more unified brand that is poised to deliver outsized growth" President and Chief Executive Officer Todd Penegor said. "We accomplished a lot in 2020, including securing our position as the #2 QSR hamburger restaurant chain* in the U.S., achieving our two highest quarterly Global same restaurant sales results in over 15 years, launching our highly successful breakfast daypart, more than doubling our digital sales, enhancing our restaurant economic model, and continuing to enhance access to our brand with net new restaurant development. As we turn the page to 2021, we remain confident in our playbook of investing smartly to drive accelerated growth behind our three major long-term growth pillars: significantly building our breakfast daypart, accelerating our digital business, and expanding our footprint, both Internationally and in the U.S."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Wendy's (WEN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Downgrades Wendy's (WEN) to Neutral, 'Stock likely to remain range-bound'
- Bridge Investment Group Holdings (BRDG) Misses Q4 EPS by 5c
- Chord Energy (CHRD), Enerplus (ERF) to merge in $11 billion deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!