Waste Management (WM) Announces Plan to Increase its Dividend Rate and a New Share Repurchase Authorization
- Wall St buoyed by easing inflation concerns ahead of Fed decision
- ExxonMobil gains following record profit, 'solid execution'
- Caterpillar Q4 earnings miss as costs weigh
- Growth in U.S. labor costs smallest in a year in fourth quarter
- Pfizer falls as slowing demand for COVID-19 drugs weighs on outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
WM (NYSE: WM) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a 7.7% increase in the planned quarterly dividend rate for 2023, from $0.65 to $0.70 per share. The annual dividend rate increase from $2.60 to $2.80 per share marks the twentieth consecutive year of dividend rate increases. The Company also received authorization from its Board of Directors to repurchase up to $1.5 billion of the Company’s common stock. This new authorization replaces our prior $1.5 billion authorization that was fully utilized in 2022.
“In 2022, our exceptional cash generation allowed us to fund all of our capital allocation priorities—returning cash to our shareholders through dividends and share repurchases, investing in high-return sustainability growth projects, and acquiring accretive businesses,” said Jim Fish, President and Chief Executive Officer of WM. “Over the past three years, we have increased the amount of cash returned to shareholders every year. As we look ahead to 2023, we are confident that our projected cash generation positions us to continue to allocate capital to all of our priorities, including strong shareholder returns.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPS (UPS) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Revenues Miss
- Victoria's Secret & Co. (VSCO) Announces $125M Accelerated Share Buyback
- IBM (IBM) Declares $1.65 Quarterly Dividend; 4.9% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Dividend Hike, Dividends, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!