Walt Disney (DIS) Extends Contract with CFO Christine M. McCarthy’s Through June 30, 2024
- Wall Street jumps on retailer outlook hikes, ebbing Fed fears
- Broadcom (AVGO) to Acquire VMware (VMW) for Approximately $61 Billion in Cash and Stock
- Ulta Beauty Shares Surge 8% on Q1 Beat and Raise
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Falls on Downbeat Guidance, Evercore ISI Remains a Buyer as Shares Trade Near an 'Estimated Floor of $150'
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/26: Ulta, Dell Jump on Earnings; Gap, American Eagle Sink (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has extended Christine M. McCarthy’s contract as Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer through June 30, 2024, it was announced today by Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer. Ms. McCarthy is a 22-year veteran of the Company and has served as CFO since 2015.
“Christine’s leadership has been indispensable during this time of disruption and transformation, and her impact reaches well beyond our balance sheet. She has been instrumental to Disney’s growth and helped us navigate the most difficult days of the pandemic,” Mr. Chapek said. “Her expertise, judgment, and relationships are true assets to the Company, and I am grateful to have her as a valued partner.”
“It is an incredible privilege to serve as CFO of this great company, and I am thankful for the opportunity to continue working with Bob Chapek and the entire senior management team as we advance the Company’s strategic initiatives with an eye toward delivering shareholder value,” said Ms. McCarthy, whose contract previously had been set to expire at the end of 2022. “I am proud of Disney’s world-class financial organization and all it has achieved, and look forward to building on the team’s success in the years ahead.”
As CFO, Ms. McCarthy oversees the Company’s worldwide finance organization, which includes brand and franchise management, corporate alliances and partnerships, corporate real estate, corporate strategy and business development, enterprise controllership, enterprise technology, financial planning and analysis, global product and labor standards, investor relations, risk management, tax, and treasury.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TETRA Technologies (TTI) appoints Glick to succeed Sullivan as board chair
- I-Mab Biopharma (IMAB) Reports Prelim Phase 2 Clinical Data of Uliledlimab
- Mereo BioPharma (MREO) Announces the Presentation of Updated Data From a Phase 1b/2 Study of Etigilimab as a Poster at the 2022 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!