Walmart (WMT) de Mexico y Centroamerica To Consider Strategic Alternatives for Its Operations in Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua
- Wall Street rallies, snaps longest weekly losing streak in decades
- 'Always Bet on Michael': Dell (DELL) Stock Soars After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Say Results are Impressive
- Credit Suisse Says Tesla (TSLA) Stock Offers an Attractive Entry Point, Sees Nearly 60% Upside From Here
- Citi Downgrades US Equities to Neutral on Recession Risk
- Elon Musk Says Recession Could Last 12 to 18 Months, But 'Actually a Good Thing'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Walmart (NYSE: WMT) announced:
Walmart de México, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV and BIVA: WALMEX) hereby informs its shareholders and the investing public at large that, as approved by its board of directors, it is considering strategic alternatives regarding its operations in Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua as it focuses efforts and capital on its core businesses and geographies.
These alternatives could include, among others, possible joint ventures, strategic partnerships or alliances, a sale or other possible transactions.
“All of our operations in Central America are strong businesses with a differentiated customer value proposition, world-class and well-invested infrastructure, a significant growth runway and strong fundamentals,” said Guilherme Loureiro, executive president and CEO of Walmart de México y Centroamérica. “As we seek to prioritize our resources and accelerate our ecosystem in Mexico, Costa Rica and Guatemala, we believe there may be attractive opportunities for further growth in Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua that could be better captured under a different structure.”
All operations of Walmart de México y Centroamérica will continue with total normality through this process. As it has always done, the company will continue to comply with all its obligations with customers, associates, suppliers and all its stakeholders.
The company gives no assurance that the process will result in a transaction. Walmex will inform its shareholders and the investing public at large as provided under applicable laws and regulations.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Gear & Assembly to Go Public Via Merger with Aesther Healthcare Acquisition (AEHA)
- Tesla (TSLA) merch can be bought with Doge, soon SpaceX merch too - Elon Musk
- Buyout Firms Japan Industrial Partners, Polaris Capital Are Considering Bids For Toshiba (TOSYY) - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!