Waitr Holdings (WTRH) to acquire Delivery Dudes
- Wall Street ends lower as investors await earnings, inflation data
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces $19.7 billion acquisition of Nuance (NUAN)
- Dollar drops as traders prepare for inflation data
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Waitr Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: WTRH) (“Waitr” or the “Company”), a leader in on-demand food ordering and delivery, today announced the Company has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire substantially all of the assets of Delivery Dudes, a Delray Beach, Florida based food delivery company. We expect this transaction to close prior to the end of next week, subject to satisfaction of closing conditions and deliverables.
“Delivery Dudes affords us the opportunity to further expand our footprint in the Florida delivery marketplace,” said Carl Grimstad, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Waitr. “The Dudes have created a strong brand presence in South Florida and we are excited to have them join our team. Their well-trained and friendly staff, combined with reliable drivers, deliver fresh food from top local restaurants - a perfect fit for Waitr.”
“We’ve been working hard for the last decade and are excited to join Waitr, a company that shares our entrepreneurial spirit and believes in us,” said Jayson Koss, CEO of Delivery Dudes. “With Waitr’s resources, we look forward to growing the South Florida market and working to help Waitr expand their market presence. We believe 2021 will be an exciting year.”
The purchase price for the acquisition is approximately $23 million in stock and cash.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- After-Hours Stock Movers 04/12: (MFNC) (RILY) (DMRC) Higher; (AMRN) (NI) (CHWY) Lower (more...)
- UGI Corp. (UGI) Announces John L. Walsh to Retire as President and CEO in June; Roger Perreault to be Named UGI’s President and CEO
- Ballantyne Strong's (BTN) GreenFirst To Acquire Forest and Paper Products Assets in Ontario and Quebec For $214 Million