W.R. Berkley (WRB) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
W.R. Berkley (NYSE: WRB) reported Q4 EPS of $0.92, $0.13 better than the analyst estimate of $0.79.
Fourth quarter highlights included:
- All-time record net income of $312.2 million.
- Return on equity of 20.6%.
- Gross and net premiums written increased 9.3% and 8.2%, respectively.
- The reported combined ratio was 90.9%. The accident year combined ratio before catastrophe losses was 88.8%.
- Underwriting income increased 44.2% to $165.4 million.
- Catastrophes added 2.3 loss ratio points to the reported combined ratio, including 1.5 loss ratio points for COVID-19 related losses.
- Average rate increases excluding workers' compensation were approximately 15.4%.
- Book value per share grew 6.1%, before share repurchases and dividends.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on W.R. Berkley (WRB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Mizuho Securities Starts Ameren Corp (AEE) at Neutral (correction)
- Sanofi (SNY) Acquires Tidal Therapeutics for $160M Upfront and Up to $310M in Milestones
- Wells Fargo Starts W.R. Berkley (WRB) at Overweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!