Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Smart Glasses Now Supports Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Vuzix® Corporation (NASDAQ: VUZI) announced that its smart glasses now support Microsoft Endpoint Manager to manage devices that run on Android Open-Source Project (AOSP). The announcement of this solution follows customer feedback regarding the need to quickly and securely onboard and provision Vuzix smart glasses into applicable enterprise environments.
As the world has been challenged with the global pandemic, the need for remote collaboration has been increasing. With this growing need, many companies have turned to purpose-built, head-mounted wearables. As a result, organizations are tasked with provisioning the smart glasses both efficiently and safely to protect company data. Microsoft Endpoint Manager has the ability to manage devices that run on AOSP, a solution that quickly solved the problems of many of Vuzix' enterprise-level customers.
Pano Spiliotis, Managing Director of Vuzix Custom Solutions said, "One of our biggest focal points as a group is to offer streamlined, purpose-built solutions to solve very specific problems and a significant challenge in organizations is mobile device management when onboarding glasses. By offering Microsoft Endpoint Manager for our smart glasses, we provide a way for IT departments to easily and quickly configure Vuzix devices, manage compliance, view all hardware properties, and much more. Companies are given the flexibility to provision the device as a user-associated device or a shared device; providing organizations with the choice on how to securely manage the hardware."
"This type of solution offers enterprise-level companies the security they need to feel safe onboarding potentially tens of thousands of glasses and allowing them to do so in a streamlined fashion," said said Paul Travers, President and CEO of Vuzix. "Vuzix Custom Solutions business unit was created with the goal of helping uncover problems within an organization and offering a robust solution and this is an excellent example."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) and TeamViewer Support the Broadening Use of Smart Glasses at Ricoh
- Walker & Dunlop (WD) Outlines Plans for Continued Growth, Intents to Grow Revenues to $2B by 2025
- Hepsiburada (HEPS) Announces Board Changes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesTwitter, CES
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!