Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c
- Asia stocks rally as lower bond yields buoy tech; China shares find footing
- MongoDB delivers upbeat guidance after Q3 results beat
- Oil steady as markets weigh OPEC+ cuts against China demand concerns
- SentinelOne jumps 13% on Q3 beat & raised guidance
- Dollar steady, euro soft as traders wager rate cuts to begin in Q1
Vuzix Corp. (NASDAQ: VUZI) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.18), $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.16). Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.16 million versus the consensus estimate of $2.22 million.
Third Quarter 2019 Highlights
- Received regulatory approval for Vuzix' M400 Smart Glasses, began ramping production and shipping product in late September
- Started on-shoring all M-Series manufacturing capabilities from China back to the Company's West Henrietta, NY facility, which is expected to reduce the overall manufacturing cost profile of these products
- Received a follow-on smart glasses order and adoption of the M400 Smart Glasses from 1Minuut Innovation for healthcare industry deployments in Europe
- Vuzix Smart Glasses were showcased at DHL's Americas Innovation Center grand opening
- Implemented numerous waveguide manufacturing process improvements and installed new equipment, including purpose-built robots, that have begun to demonstrate consistent yield improvements to better fulfill current Vuzix Blade order backlog and anticipated new programs that are expected to go live in the coming months
- Continued emphasis on expense management is beginning to realize tangible results with period over period decreases in all broad categories, including R&D, S&M and G&A
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Box (BOX) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c; offers outlook
- Altisource Asset Management (AAMC) Announces Departure of COO and Interim CEO Danya Sawyer
- Descartes Systems Group (DSGX) Misses Q3 EPS by 3c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!