Vitae Pharmaceuticals (VTAE) Announces BI187004/VTP-34072 Phase 2 Missed Primary Efficacy Endpoint
- Wall Street opens higher after virus-driven rout
- Private sector employment increased by 534,000 jobs from October to November, topping consensus estimate
- Jim Paulsen Sees Correction Exceeding 10%, Sees Cyclicals, Small and Mid Caps Outperforming Large Caps and Tech
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 13 Lead Times Easing as Supply Chain Improves - UBS
- Salesforce (CRM) Shares Plunge on Weaker Profit Guidance, Bull Thesis Remains Intact Says Analyst
Vitae Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VTAE) announced top-line clinical efficacy results from the metformin arm of an ongoing Phase 2 proof-of-concept clinical trial of BI187004/VTP-34072 in the treatment of overweight type 2 diabetic patients. BI187004/VTP-34072 is a potential first-in-class 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11β HSD1) inhibitor that was discovered by Vitae and is currently being developed by Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Boehringer Ingelheim), a leader in diabetes treatments and cardiometabolic research and development.
Safety, tolerability, efficacy, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of BI187004/VTP-34072 as monotherapy or as an add-on to metformin background therapy are being investigated over 28 days in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Primary efficacy data (fasting plasma glucose) from the metformin arm did not meet Boehringer Ingelheim's predefined endpoint criteria. Data from the placebo-controlled monotherapy arm of the trial, which is still ongoing, are expected to be reported later this year. Together, these data sets will be used by Boehringer Ingelheim to determine appropriate next steps for BI187004/VTP-34072.
"The metabolically complex, overweight type 2 diabetic patient population is in need of novel mechanisms of action that can address their overall risk profile," said Dr. Richard Gregg, Chief Scientific Officer of Vitae. "We are anxious to learn more about BI187004/VTP-34072 when the study is completed and fully analyzed."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BeyondSpring (BYSI) Receives CRL from the FDA for Plinabulin NDA for Prevention of Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia
- Invacare Corp. (IVC) Announces Strategic Realignment of EMEA & APAC Businesses
- Celestica (CLS) Reaffirms Fourth Quarter 2021 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!