Virgin America (VA) Near Deal to Be Acquired by Alaska Air (ALK) - WSJ
- Dow ends at record high after upbeat jobless claims report
- PayPal (PYPL) Gains After Topping Q1 and Guidance Expectations, Crypto Seen as a Key Growth Driver Going Forward
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
- Fed's Kaplan wants taper talk 'sooner rather than later'
- U.S. weekly jobless claims drop below 500,000; layoffs lowest since 2000
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Alaska Air Group's offer for Virgin America is seen topping JetBlue Airways' (NASDAQ: JBLU), which also bid for the carrier.
The offer is expected to be upwards of $2 billion, the report said, versus Virgin America's current market cap of around $1.5 billion.
If no better bids emerge, Alaska Air Group could announce the deal as soon as Monday, the report said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bill.com (BILL) to Acquire Divvy for $2.5B
- Equity Commonwealth (EQC) to Acquire Monmouth Real Estate (MNR) for $3.4 Billion
- Jasper Therapeutics, Amplitude Healthcare Acquisition (AMHCU) Announce Merger to Create Publicly Listed Leading Biotechnology Company in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!