Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VKTX) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.13), $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.15).
Highlights from the Quarter Ended September 30, 2020:
"The third quarter at Viking was highlighted by continued pipeline progress, with enrollment now ongoing in two important clinical programs," stated Brian Lian, Ph.D., chief executive officer of Viking Therapeutics. "The Phase 2b VOYAGE study of our lead NASH program, VK2809, continues and we anticipate completion of enrollment in the first half of 2021. In addition, at the EASL conference in August, we presented new data from the prior 12-week study of VK2809, demonstrating consistent liver fat reductions across high risk subgroups, as well as durable efficacy maintained four weeks after completion of dosing. With respect to our VK0214 program for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy, we are excited to have moved this important program into the clinic, with the announcement of a Phase 1 SAD/MAD study in healthy subjects. Pending successful completion, in 2021 we plan to initiate a Phase 1b study in patients with X-ALD. Both of these clinical trials continue to advance despite disruptions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Finally, to support both of these programs, we continue to judiciously manage our balance sheet and ended the quarter with $255 million in cash."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Towne Bank (TOWN) Names Brad E. Schwartz President and CEO
- Imperial Oil (IMO) Reports Q2 EPS of C$0.50
- Provident Financial Services (PFS) Tops Q2 EPS by 13c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!