Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) Reports Q3 Loss of $0.08
- S&P 500 edges down on virus woes, slowing economy
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil falls over 3% on concerns over demand and OPEC supply boost
- ON Semiconductor (ON) Surges on Strong Q2 Results and Q3 Outlook
- Dollar wavers on dovish Fed tone, mixed economic outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VKTX) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.08), versus ($0.11) reported last year.
"The last few months have been an exciting and productive period at Viking as we prepare for important near-term milestones," stated Brian Lian, Ph.D., chief executive officer of Viking Therapeutics. "With respect to our thyroid receptor beta agonist VK2809, in the third quarter we completed key chronic toxicity studies to support long-term dosing in humans. This work, along with data from completed clinical and other non-clinical studies, formed the basis of an IND application that was submitted to the FDA to initiate a Phase 2b study of VK2809 in patients with biopsy-confirmed NASH. With respect to VK0214, our second thyroid receptor beta agonist, we continued the IND-enabling work that will allow us to initiate clinical development, including a proof-of-concept study in patients with X-ALD, in the first half of next year. In addition to advancing our clinical programs, we\'ve also maintained a tight focus on operating expenses, and ended the quarter with approximately $290 million in cash and equivalents. We believe our current balance sheet is sufficient to see us through multiple value inflection points."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sumo Logic Inc. (SUMO) Announces CFO Transition and Reaffirms Q2 and FY22 Guidance
- American Water Works (AWK) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c
- Columbia Sportswear (COLM) Tops Q2 EPS by 69c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!