Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) Names Charles Rowland Jr. to Board
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Viking Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: VKTX) today announced the appointment of Charles A. Rowland Jr. to its board of directors. With more than 30 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience, Mr. Rowland provides Viking with broad expertise spanning financial management and strategic business operations.
Currently a board member and strategic advisor for multiple biotechnology companies, Mr. Rowland was most recently the president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, a clinical stage pharmaceutical company focused on the global lupus nephritis market. Prior to his tenure with Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, he served as the vice president and chief financial officer (CFO) of ViroPharma, during which time the company grew into a global biopharmaceutical business with $500 million in annual revenues until it was acquired by Shire plc for $4.2 billion. Before joining ViroPharma, Mr. Rowland was executive vice president and CFO, as well as interim co-CEO, for Endo Pharmaceuticals, a specialty pharmaceutical company with $1.3 billion in revenues. He previously held finance and operational positions of increasing responsibility at Biovail Pharmaceuticals, Breakaway Technologies, Pharmacia, Novartis and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
"We are fortunate to add an individual with Mr. Rowland's extensive experience and track record to our board of directors. He has made important contributions to multiple successful drug development and commercialization companies as both a senior executive and board member," said Brian Lian, Ph.D., CEO of Viking. "With our clinical pipeline advancing toward key data readouts, and continued progress with our earlier stage programs, this is an ideal time to supplement our board with another experienced, well-regarded industry voice. We welcome Mr. Rowland and look forward to his contributions to the success of Viking Therapeutics."
Mr. Rowland currently serves as a member of the board of directors for Blueprint Medicines and Nabriva Therapeutics, with previous board appointments including Vitae Pharmaceuticals, BIND Therapeutics, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals and Idenix Pharmaceuticals, among others. He holds an M.B.A. from Rutgers University and a B.S. from Saint Joseph's University.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Int'l Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) Appoints Glenn Richter as EVP and CFO, Raises Sales Guidance
- BioLife Solutions (BLFS) Announces CFO Retirement
- Mercury General (MCY) Announces Victor Joseph Named Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!