Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c
- Dow, S&P futures inch higher as banks, energy stocks jump
- EV Company Polestar To Go Public Via $20 Billion SPAC Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Price Target Lowered at Morgan Stanley Amid Rising Logistics Workforce Costs, Analyst Expects Stock to be Range Bound in Near Term
- Brent oil nears $80 a barrel on tight supply
- Some Apple (AAPL) and Tesla (TSLA) Suppliers Suspend Production in China For a Few Days
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VKTX) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.19), $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.17).
Highlights from the Quarter Ended March 31, 2021:
"During the first quarter of 2021, we continued to build on the significant progress made during 2020 with both of our thyroid hormone beta receptor agonist programs," stated Brian Lian, Ph.D., chief executive officer of Viking. "We continue to enroll patients in our 52-week Phase 2b VOYAGE trial evaluating VK2809 in NASH and fibrosis, and expect to complete enrollment in the second half of 2021. With respect to our second thyroid hormone beta receptor agonist program, VK0214, we are nearing completion of a Phase 1 single ascending and multiple ascending dose study in healthy volunteers. Pending the results, we expect to initiate a Phase 1b study of VK0214 in X-ALD patients this summer. On the corporate side, our balance sheet remains solid, and we ended the first quarter with approximately $242 million in cash, providing ample runway to achieve important milestones with each of our clinical programs."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ashland (ASH) provides update on its outlook for fiscal 2021 financial results
- HIVE Blockchain Technologies (HIVE) Announces Record FY Revenues of $66.7M; Net Income of $42.5M
- DISH Network (DISH) and IOG Form Strategic Collaboration to Leverage Blockchain Technology in Wireless
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!