Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VKTX) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.19), $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.17).
Highlights from the Quarter Ended March 31, 2021:
"During the first quarter of 2021, we continued to build on the significant progress made during 2020 with both of our thyroid hormone beta receptor agonist programs," stated Brian Lian, Ph.D., chief executive officer of Viking. "We continue to enroll patients in our 52-week Phase 2b VOYAGE trial evaluating VK2809 in NASH and fibrosis, and expect to complete enrollment in the second half of 2021. With respect to our second thyroid hormone beta receptor agonist program, VK0214, we are nearing completion of a Phase 1 single ascending and multiple ascending dose study in healthy volunteers. Pending the results, we expect to initiate a Phase 1b study of VK0214 in X-ALD patients this summer. On the corporate side, our balance sheet remains solid, and we ended the first quarter with approximately $242 million in cash, providing ample runway to achieve important milestones with each of our clinical programs."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Towne Bank (TOWN) Names Brad E. Schwartz President and CEO
- Marin Software (MRIN) Misses Q2 EPS by 23c
- Capital Product Partners (CPLP) Misses Q2 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!