Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c
- S&P 500 edges down on virus woes, slowing economy
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil falls over 3% on concerns over demand and OPEC supply boost
- ON Semiconductor (ON) Surges on Strong Q2 Results and Q3 Outlook
- Dollar wavers on dovish Fed tone, mixed economic outlook
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VKTX) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.13), $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.12).
"During the first quarter, we made continued progress on our Phase 2b VOYAGE clinical trial evaluating VK2809 in patients with biopsy-confirmed NASH and fibrosis," stated Brian Lian, Ph.D., chief executive officer of Viking Therapeutics. "We have been proactive in implementing steps to mitigate the potential impact of the coronavirus pandemic, and are closely monitoring this evolving challenge. We are encouraged that enrolled patients continue to receive treatment, new patients continue to enroll, and clinical site activations remain ongoing. That said, the pandemic has disrupted each of these activities on some level. We currently anticipate completion of enrollment in VOYAGE in the first half of 2021. In the first quarter, we also made progress with our second thyroid hormone receptor beta agonist, VK0214, for the treatment of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy. We currently expect to submit an IND for VK0214 this summer and initiate clinical studies with this candidate in the third quarter. Finally, we remain vigilant in managing our balance sheet and ended the quarter with $269 million in cash and cash equivalents, which we believe provides sufficient runway to accomplish multiple development milestones."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sumo Logic Inc. (SUMO) Announces CFO Transition and Reaffirms Q2 and FY22 Guidance
- Reynolds Consumer Products Inc. (REYN) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c, Offers Guidance
- Horace Mann Educators (HMN) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!