Vicor Corp (VICR) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Vicor Corp (NASDAQ: VICR) reported Q1 EPS of $0.34, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.25. Revenue for the quarter came in at $88.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $86.71 million.
Commenting on first quarter performance, Dr. Patrizio Vinciarelli, Chief Executive Officer, stated, “Q1 revenues and gross margins reflected strong demand and improved manufacturing efficiencies. Vertical integration of power packaging processes and increased capacity in expanded facilities will enable greater revenue and margin growth starting in 2022. For the balance of 2021, sequential quarterly increases in revenue are capacity constrained to 7% while bookings and backlog are expected to grow at a faster pace.”
Dr. Vinciarelli concluded, “While 48V adoption in data centers is accelerating, current requirements for lower voltage rails feeding AI processors are stepping up nearly 2X every 2 years. Vicor’s power system modules are uniquely fit to support this trajectory, prompting OEMs seeking to advance their AI solutions to gain preferential access to Vicor’s enabling technology.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Vicor Corp (VICR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Broadwind Energy (BWEN) Tops Q1 EPS by 10c, Revenues Miss; Offers 2Q Revenue Guidance Above Consensus
- Summit Midstream Partners (SMLP) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat
- Ruth's Hospitality Group (RUTH) Tops Q1 EPS by 16c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!