Viatris Inc (VTRS) Hosts Inaugural Investor Day Outlining Unique and Differentiated Business Model, High-Quality Operational Platform, and Focus on CSR and Financial Commitments
- Boeing, travel stocks pull Wall Street lower as virus cases rise
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Soars as Bidding War Brews After Canadian National Railway (CNI) Makes a $33.7 Billion Offer
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Boeing (BA) Down 3% After CFO - Aged 54 - Retires, Seen as an 'Odd' Move
- Tesla (TSLA): Problems in China Mounting as Communist Party Officials Ask Company to 'Respect Chinese Consumers and Comply with Local Laws'
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
At a virtual meeting with the investment community today, Viatris Inc. (NASDAQ: VTRS) will outline how the company expects to lead as a new kind of healthcare company with a unique and differentiated business model, high-quality operational platform and clear focus on ensuring its sustainability priorities and financial commitments are met.
Viatris CEO Michael Goettler said, "Building on a strong, combined foundation, we are embarking on a multi-year journey to transform our company. We believe that we are well positioned to achieve our goals by leveraging our strengths and unique capabilities. We are relentless in our commitment to continuous improvement and high quality. Our obsession to create value in everything we do will serve as our north star. With talented and committed colleagues, an engaged culture and clear strategy, we are confident we can deliver enhanced shareholder value as we execute.
"Together we are confident we will be able to pursue our mission to empower people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life while maintaining a strong balance sheet, rebalancing our business, generating strong and growing free cash flows, rapidly de-leveraging and building the foundation for future growth fueled by our Global Healthcare Gateway®," Goettler said.
During the event, members of Viatris' management team will provide insight into the company's powerful new platform and will also outline how Viatris intends to generate value for its patients, employees, customers and shareholders. This includes how Viatris expects to:
- Leverage its unique and differentiated business model. Viatris has built a unique and differentiated business model that has enhanced global scale and geographic reach, a sustainable, diverse and differentiated portfolio and pipeline, a powerful operating platform and commercial capabilities, a performance-driven culture focused on transparency and accountability and sustainable cash flows that it expects will enable disciplined capital allocation.
- Deliver on its financial commitments. In the near term Viatris is focused on de-levering and rebalancing its business and meeting its financial commitments, including that 2021 is expected to be a trough year in terms of revenue, adjusted EBITDA and free cash flows, that the company will realize $1 billion in synergies within 3 years and that its strong and growing free cash flow will enable the company to initiate a dividend in the second quarter of this year and repay approximately $6.5 billion in debt by the end of 2023.
- Ensure its sustainability priorities are embedded and aligned with business objectives. Viatris is starting its journey from a position of strength in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility with a powerful global platform to create sustainable access to medicines for patients and partnerships with more than 60 organizations around the world to advance and amplify its impact. The company intends to leverage this strong foundation to deliver on its mission for patients, employees, customers and shareholders.
- Drive future growth through its Global Healthcare Gateway®. Viatris believes the Global Healthcare Gateway® will become the heart of the company providing opportunity not only for Viatris to leverage its unique global platform to connect more patients to more products and services, but also allowing partners to do the same.
2021 Investor Day Presenters
Investor Day will feature presentations from the following Viatris executives:
- Michael Goettler, Chief Executive Officer
- Rajiv Malik, President
- Sanjeev Narula, Chief Financial Officer
- Tony Mauro, President, Developed Markets
- Drew Cuneo, President, Japan, Australia & New Zealand
- Menassie Taddese, President, Emerging Markets
- Sean Ni, President, Greater China Region
- Sanjeev Sethi, Chief Operating Officer
- Walt Owens, Global Head of Research & Development
- Lara Ramsburg, Head of Corporate Affairs
Full biographies of the speakers can be found at the end of the Viatris Investor Day presentation at investor.viatris.com.
Following the presentations there will be an open Q&A session, facilitated by Goettler, Malik and Narula.
Viatris will host a webcast today from 8:30 a.m. to noon ET. Interested parties will be able to access a live webcast of the Investor Day event via the investor relations section of Viatris' website at investor.viatris.com, with materials available at the start of the webcast. A replay and archived edition of the presentation will be available following the event.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversey Holdings Ltd. (DSEY) Adds Selim Bassoul and Juan R. Figuereo to Board
- 180 Life Sciences Corp (ATNF) Confirms Collection of All Patient Data for Phase 2b Dupuytren’s Disease Trial
- Dover Corp. (DOV) Tops Q1 EPS by 36c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS Guidance Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!