ViaSat (VSAT) Names Varsha Rao to Board of Directors
- Wall St near even, dragged by Nike 6% drop after warning
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ViaSat, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT) today announced the appointment of Varsha Rao to its Board of Directors. Ms. Rao will serve as a Class III director effective immediately, with an initial term expiring at the Company's 2017 Annual Meeting of Stockholders. With the appointment of Ms. Rao, the ViaSat Board now consists of nine members, seven of whom are independent directors.
Ms. Rao is the former Head of Global Operations at Airbnb, Inc., a global travel marketplace, a role she held from 2013 to 2016, and where she currently serves as an Advisor. From 2011 to 2013, she served as the Senior Vice President International of LivingSocial, Inc. (owned by Groupon), an online marketplace for daily deals. From 2008 to 2011, Ms. Rao served as the Chief Executive Officer of SingTel Digital Media Pte Ltd., an online search and lifestyle portal and wholly-owned subsidiary of SingTel. From 2004 to 2008, she served as Vice President and General Manager of OldNavy.com, an e-commerce division of Gap, Inc. She also previously founded and sold Eve.com, an online beauty retailer, and served as an Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Co., a consulting company.
"Varsha is a great addition to the ViaSat Board. She brings a depth of understanding, expertise and best practices on growing global operations," said Mark Dankberg, chairman and CEO of ViaSat. "The recent launch of our ViaSat-2 satellite moves us from a domestic to regional broadband service provider, and the future launch of our ViaSat-3 class satellites will make us the first truly global internet service provider. Varsha's international insight will be invaluable to the Company, as we look to enter new markets, and bring our advanced broadband service global."
Ms. Rao earned a B.A. degree in Mathematics and a B.S. degree in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania, and an M.B.A. degree from the Harvard Business School.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AYRO, Inc (AYRO) Appoints Thomas M. Wittenschlaeger as CEO
- Bank Of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) Announces CEO Retirement; Tim Myers Appointed as new CEO and President
- Roblox (RBLX) Launches Listening Parties -- A New Way to Release Music
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!