Vanda Pharmaceuticals' (VNDA) MAA for Fanaptum in Schizophrenia Accepted for Evaluation by EMA
- Wall Street rallies, capping frenetic week with best day of the year
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Soars on Another Robust Quarter Fueled by Monster iPhone and Services Numbers, Analysts Raise PTs
- BofA Raises Inflation Forecasts for 2022, Expects Fed to Hike 7 Times in 2022
- Netflix (NFLX) CEO Hastings Buys ~$20 Million in Stock Following Sell-Off, Ackman's Big Bet
- Oil hits 7-year peak on political risks, supply crunch
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Vanda) (NASDAQ: VNDA) today announced that its Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) for oral Fanaptum® tablets has been accepted for evaluation by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults.
"The MAA validation demonstrates Vanda's commitment to offer another option to the healthcare community to treat a severe, disabling mental disorder," said Mihael H. Polymeropoulos, M.D., Vanda's President and CEO. "This continues our efforts to expand the availability of iloperidone to people who we believe would benefit from this treatment option."
The MAA is primarily supported by data from two placebo- and active-controlled clinical trials and one long term randomized clinical trial. Fanaptum® was shown to be superior to placebo in controlling symptoms of schizophrenia.
Iloperidone is currently approved in the U.S. as Fanapt® for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults. Fanapt® is also approved and marketed in Israel and Mexico.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) Issues Statement Following Announcement That Ontario's Regulated Sports Betting and iGaming Market Will Open to Private Operators on April 4
- Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE) Announces Its Oral SARS-CoV-2 Main Protease (Mpro) Inhibitor, STI-1558, Strongly Neutralizes Omicron
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR) Announces Board Changes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!