VPC Impact Acquisition (VIH) and Bakkt Holdings Announces Effectiveness of Registration Statemen for Proposed Merger; Set Special Meeting for 10AM on October 14th
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings (NASDAQ: VIHAU, VIH and VIHAW) a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, and Bakkt Holdings, LLC (“Bakkt”), the digital asset marketplace founded in 2018, announced today that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") has declared effective VIH’s Registration Statement on Form S-4 (the "Registration Statement"), as amended, which was filed in connection with VIH’s previously announced business combination (the “Business Combination”) with Bakkt.
An extraordinary general meeting of VIH shareholders (the "Special Meeting") to approve, among other things, the proposed business combination, will be held at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, October 14, 2021. VIH will file with the SEC a definitive proxy statement/prospectus relating to the Special Meeting, which mailing is expected to commence on or about September 20, 2021 to VIH shareholders of record as of the close of business on September 14, 2021.
“We are thrilled to have reached this milestone and look forward to successfully completing the proposed business combination with VIH,” said Gavin Michael, Chief Executive Officer of Bakkt. “I want to thank our team members for their dedication, as we would not be here without their tremendous efforts. Now more than ever, we remain excited about the unique growth opportunities ahead for our business, and are laser focused on furthering our vision of connecting the digital economy.”
“Bakkt has an incredibly unique business model and value proposition, and continues to unlock new ways for consumers, business and financial institutions to participate in the digital economy,” said John Martin, Chief Executive Officer of VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings. “The company is a leader in this rapidly growing market of digital assets and has continued to advance its platform and partnership universe. As Bakkt becomes a public company, we believe there are significant opportunities ahead and look forward to supporting the company in this next phase of growth.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump Media & Technology Group and Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC) enter definitive merger agreement, "TRUTH Social" will be launching soon
- Redbox Completes Business Combination With Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. (SGAM)
- Business First Bancshares Inc. (BFST) and Texas Citizens Bancorp, Inc. Announce Merger
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, SPAC
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!