VEON Ltd. (VEON) Announces Sergi Herrero Stepping Down as co-CEO
- Wall Street drops on inflation jitters, led by tech stocks
- Tesla (TSLA) Sales in China 'Stagnated' in April, Wedbush Notes
- Roblox (RBLX) Gains as Sales Rise 140%, Analyst Raises PT on Strong Growth and Early China Launch
- Euro climbs on upbeat sentiment data; dollar struggles
- Tesla (TSLA) Halts Plans to Buy Land in Shanghai Amid Increased Tensions with China: Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
VEON Ltd. (NASDAQ and Euronext Amsterdam: VEON), a leading global provider of connectivity and internet services, has today announced changes to its leadership structure. Co-Chief Executive Officer Sergi Herrero, who joined the company in September 2019, will be stepping down as co-CEO effective June 30, 2021. Sergi is expected to continue advising the company, in particular with respect to the VEON Ventures businesses which focus on generating value in high growth areas.
Sergi commented: "It has been a pleasure working as co-CEO of the company, with the support of the Board, particularly in developing new growth areas for the business. I look forward to remaining actively engaged with VEON as it continues to build value in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Russia, Ukraine and elsewhere."
Kaan Terzioglu will continue in his role as CEO of VEON Ltd. with overall responsibility for corporate matters and the general operations of the group.
Chairman of the Board, Gennady Gazin commented: "Sergi has done an excellent job developing our ventures business and the team leading it. VEON remains fully committed to building new digital businesses. Our markets of operation present tremendous opportunities in areas such as mobile financial services and digital content and capitalizing on this is a top priority for VEON."
VEON is a NASDAQ and Euronext Amsterdam-listed global provider of connectivity and internet services. For more information visit www.veon.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IMV Inc. (IMV) Announces Dr. Michael Kalos to Board
- Harmony Biosciences (HRMY) Tops Q1 EPS by 16c, Revenues Beat
- Kornit Digital (KRNT) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!