UnitedHealth Group (UNH) to Provide Millions of Members with Year-Long Access to the Peloton (PTON) App
- Indexes close up more than 1% as investors assess Fed news
- China Tells Local Authorities to Prepare For a 'Possible Storm' and Prevent Unrest as Evergrande Crisis Unravels - WSJ
- Salesforce (CRM) Raises FY22 Revenue Guidance; Initiates FY23 Revenue
- Oil prices rise, hit 2-month highs on supply worries
- IDFA Seen as a 'Real Headwind' for Facebook (FB) but Analysts Remain Positive
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
UnitedHealthcare, part of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), and Peloton (Nasdaq: PTON) are working together to provide millions of Americans with access — at no additional cost — to classes that can help improve their overall fitness and well-being, the first such relationship between Peloton and a health plan.
As of Sept. 1, as part of their plan benefits, millions of fully insured UnitedHealthcare members can enroll with Peloton to obtain access to Peloton's best-in-class, multidiscipline fitness classes, helping integrate exercise into their daily routines. New and existing Peloton Members are eligible to enroll.
“Many Americans may be turning to on-demand exercise options to help improve their fitness and bolster their overall well-being, and this first-of-its-kind relationship with Peloton will provide millions of our members with an important resource to help them along their paths toward a healthier lifestyle,” said Philip Kaufman, Chief Operating Officer, UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. “Expanding access to Peloton’s industry-leading health and wellness community builds upon our commitment to developing digital health resources and consumer-centric benefits to help people live healthier lives.”
“Peloton Members have always shared how much movement and activity positively impacts their mental, physical and emotional health. Knowing that we can positively impact our Members' lives and help them be the best versions of themselves is one of the reasons we are collaborating with UnitedHealthcare and launched Peloton Corporate Wellness to work directly with organizations,” said William Lynch, President, Peloton. “Peloton and UnitedHealthcare are both committed to making movement and fitness more accessible and available and we can't wait to welcome UnitedHealthcare members to the Peloton community.”
Following are key details of the offer:
- Nearly 4 million UnitedHealthcare commercial members will have the option to access Peloton’s fitness classes via the Peloton App, giving people enrolled in qualified fully insured employer-sponsored plans a 12-month subscription to a Peloton Digital Membership or a four-month waiver for a Peloton All-Access Membership at no additional cost.* Peloton All-Access Members can take live or on-demand classes on their Peloton Connected Fitness products and track their personal metrics, plus have access to content via the Peloton App.
- Available via the Peloton App or through a Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Tread+ as an All-Access Member, UnitedHealthcare members will be able to take thousands of live and on-demand fitness classes for strength, yoga, outdoor running, indoor cycling, walking and meditation. The Peloton App is available on Apple and Android devices, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs and Chromecast and Android TV.
- Eligible UnitedHealthcare members will receive details via email about activating their Peloton membership starting Sept. 1 or thereafter depending on the health plan’s effective date. Once eligible members receive a personalized code, they can use it to activate their 12-month subscription to a Peloton Digital Membership or a four-month subscription to a Peloton All-Access Membership at no additional cost. At the end of the 12-month membership, UnitedHealthcare plan participants will have the opportunity to renew the Peloton Digital Membership at the market rate directly through Peloton; UnitedHealthcare members will not be automatically enrolled beyond the 12-month offer.
Each year, UnitedHealthcare invests more than $3.5 billion in data, technology and innovation, integrating human support, advanced data analytics and unique collaborations to help improve the quality and affordability of health care. Millions of UnitedHealthcare members have access to various well-being programs, including technology-enabled initiatives such as UnitedHealthcare Motion® and Renew Active® for eligible members enrolled in Medicare plans.
More information about the collaboration is available at uhc.com/peloton.
*Program available to UnitedHealthcare plan participants 18 years and older with access to myuhc.com and who enroll in Peloton’s consumer subscription offering in accordance with the Peloton Terms of Service and Membership Terms; some additional limitations or state-specific restrictions may apply. UnitedHealthcare plan participants may use only one (1) code per All-Access Membership. Please check with your UnitedHealthcare representative for more information.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB) Acquires Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort in Hollywood, FL for $270 Million
- HNI Corp. (HNI) sees strong order trends and supply chain challenges, input cost inflation
- Roku (ROKU) Expands Canadian Advertising Business With OneView Ad Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!