UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q1 EPS by 93c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS Mid-Point Guidance Above Consensus
- Dow ends at record high, Nasdaq falls as tech slides
- Trump's Facebook (FB) Ban Upheld, Oversight Board Asks Company to Come Up With a 'Proportionate Response' Going Forward
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Offers Q2 and FY Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Plunges After Recalling All Treadmills, Analyst Says Will Negatively Impact Broader Tread Rollout
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Gains After Topping Q1 Consensus as 5G Story Accelerates, 'More to Come' Says Analyst
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) reported Q1 EPS of $5.31, $0.93 better than the analyst estimate of $4.38. Revenue for the quarter came in at $70.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $69.26 billion.
“The unique combined capabilities of Optum and UnitedHealthcare and the unwavering commitment of our people continue to help advance the way care is delivered, improving results for those we serve and shareholders,” said Andrew Witty, chief executive officer of UnitedHealth Group.
UnitedHealth Group sees FY2021 EPS of $18.10-$18.60, versus the consensus of $18.19.
Based upon initial 2021 business performance trends, the Company increased its full year net earnings outlook to $17.15 to $17.65 per share and adjusted earnings to $18.10 to $18.60 per share. This outlook continues to include approximately $1.80 per share in potential net unfavorable impact to accommodate continuing COVID-19 effects, such as: testing and treatment costs; the residual impact of people having deferred care in 2020; and unemployment and other economy-driven factors. COVID-19 treatment and testing during the quarter was higher than expected, paired with higher elective care deferral patterns. UnitedHealth Group is focused on encouraging and helping people to obtain the care they need, including vaccinations, and expects a continued rise in provision of care as the year progresses. The Company has provided support to ensure continued stability of the health system in response to the pandemic.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on UnitedHealth Group (UNH) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Q2 Holdings (QTWO) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat; Offers 2Q & FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Royal Gold (RGLD) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- Invesco Mortage Capital (IVR) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!