UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Announces Brian Thompson Named Chief Executive Officer
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Brian Thompson has been named Chief Executive Officer of UnitedHealthcare, the health benefits business of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH).
Thompson joined UnitedHealth Group in 2004 and most recently was CEO of UnitedHealthcare's government programs including the Medicare & Retirement and Community & State businesses, serving the health and well-being needs of seniors and Medicaid beneficiaries. As CEO of UnitedHealthcare, Thompson will drive continued growth across the global, employer, individual, specialty and government benefits businesses while continuing the company’s focus on ensuring access to high-quality, affordable health care.
“Brian’s experience, relationships and values make him especially well-suited to help UnitedHealthcare improve how health care works for consumers, physicians, employers, governments and our other partners, leading to continued and sustained long-term growth,” said Andrew Witty, CEO of UnitedHealth Group.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BJ's Wholesale Club (BJ) Announces Unexpected Passing of President and CEO Lee Delaney
- Eversource Energy (ES) Chairman, CEO and President Jim Judge to Become Executive Chairman, Joe Nolan Named President and CEO
- LiveXLive's (LIVX) PodcastOne Enters Into A Partnership With Samsung
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!