Uber (UBER) Gains Over 2% as Gross Bookings Hit the Highest Monthly Level Ever in March
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Uber (NYSE: UBER) shares gained over 2% early Monday after the company announced that gross bookings in March reached the highest monthly level in the company’s history. The Mobility sector posted the best month in a year as average daily gross bookings soared 9% amid the reopening and a fast vaccine rollout across the United States.
Furthermore, the company’s Delivery business also posted a fresh record as it crossed a $52 billion annualized Gross Bookings run-rate in March after it grew more than 150% year-over-year.
“As vaccination rates increase in the United States, we are observing that consumer demand for Mobility is recovering faster than driver availability, and consumer demand for Delivery continues to exceed courier availability,” Uber said in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
The faster-than-expected vaccination campaign in the US is facilitating high consumer demand for Mobility, the company said in a statement. The strong demand for Delivery has also continued.
This news comes just a few days after the company announced it will invest $250 million in a program to increase benefits for its drivers as it aims to attract new drivers to cope with a surge in demand.
“We continue to believe that Uber is on track to reach quarterly Adjusted EBITDA profitability in 2021,” the statement adds.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Bulls Weigh in on 'Head Scratching' 180 Degree Turn By Musk on Bitcoin, One Analyst Still See the Crypto Heading to $4M
- Alkaline Water Company (WTER) and Shaquille O’Neal Enter a New Partnership
- nVent Electric (NVT) Announces Share Repurchase Authorization
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!