UPS (UPS) Tops Q4 EPS by 52c, Revenues Beat
- Technology stocks lead S&P 500, Dow to record highs
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- U.S. retail sales post largest gain in 10 months; weekly jobless claims fall
- Dell (DELL) Gains on Spin-Off of its 81% Stake in VMware (VMW), Analysts Bulled-Up as It Could Unlock $20 Per Share of Value for DELL
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys 750K Shares of Coinbase (COIN), Sells 240K Shares of Tesla (TSLA)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UPS (NYSE: UPS) reported Q4 EPS of $2.66, $0.52 better than the analyst estimate of $2.14. Revenue for the quarter came in at $24.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $22.87 billion.
- Consolidated Revenue Increased 21.0% to $24.9B; Growth Across All Segments
- Consolidated Operating Profit Up 1.6% to $2.2B, Up 26.0% on an Adjusted* Basis
- Diluted EPS of ($3.75); Adjusted Diluted EPS of $2.66, Up 26.1%
- For the Year, Reported Highest Revenue and Adjusted Diluted Earnings Per Share in Company History
“Our financial performance in the fourth quarter exceeded our expectations, and I thank all UPSers for their extraordinary efforts to deliver industry-leading service through the holidays.” said Carol Tomé, UPS chief executive officer. “I’d also like to thank our customers who worked with us during this challenging year. As we look past 2020 into the new year, we are optimistic. During the fourth quarter, we began transporting COVID-19 vaccines and we stand ready to deliver hope and health to people around the world.”
Given continued economic uncertainty due to the global pandemic, the Company is not providing revenue or diluted earnings per share guidance. It is providing full-year guidance for capital allocation.
Full-Year 2021 Capital Allocation
- Capital expenditures are planned to be about $4.0 billion.
- Dividends are expected to grow, subject to Board approval.
- Long-term debt maturities of $2.5 billion will be repaid when they come due.
- Effective tax rate is expected to be approximately 23.5%.
- The Company has no plans to repurchase shares or access the debt capital markets in 2021.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on UPS (UPS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cadence Design Systems (CDNS) Acquires Pointwise
- KLX Energy Services Holdings Inc. (KLXE) Misses Q4 EPS by 55c, Revenues Beat
- Citigroup (C) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.02
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!