UPDATE: S&P Global (SPGI) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Revenues Miss; Offers FY19 EPS Guidance Below Consensus
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - February 7, 2019 7:16 AM EST)
S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) reported Q4 EPS of $2.22, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $2.19. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.54 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.59 billion.
"While bond issuance can be periodically interrupted by market forces, as was the case during the second half of 2018, we remain confident that, in the long run, global debt market growth will track GDP growth. Despite the return of market volatility in 2018, the Company continued to grow revenue and increase profitability, putting us well on our way to deliver on the financial targets we announced at our Investor Day in May," said Douglas L. Peterson, President and Chief Executive Officer of S&P Global. He added, "In 2018, we continued to build our capabilities by adding leading-edge technology and unique data sets through the acquisitions of Kensho, Panjiva, and RateWatch; preparing for new product launches including ESG tools using Trucost analysis and domestic bond ratings in the China market; and leveraging technology to improve operational excellence through productivity improvements. As we look ahead and across the globe, we\'re positioned more strongly than ever to provide the essential intelligence our customers need to make decisions with conviction."
S&P Global sees FY2019 EPS of $8.95-$9.15, versus the consensus of $9.20.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on S&P Global (SPGI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI) Tops Q4 EPS by 69c
- U.S. Steel (X) Q2 EPS Guidance Tops Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!