UPDATE: IDEAYA Biosciences (IDYA) Reports First Patient Dosing in Phase 1 Clinical Trial of MAT2A Inhibitor IDE397 Evaluating MTAP-Deletion Solid Tumors
- Dow reaches all-time high on commodity surge; S&P, Nasdaq drop
- Dogecoin Sees 'Sell the News' Reaction to Musk's SNL Appearance, as 'Hustle' Comment is Weighed Against Launch 'To the Moon'
- Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) Downgraded to 'Neutral' at Citi as Decelerating Growth Is Not Bullish for Multiples
- Elliott Management has stake in Duke Energy (DUK) - WSJ
- Ethereum (ETH) Soars Above $4,000 to Print Fresh Record Highs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - April 15, 2021 6:05 AM EDT)
IDEAYA Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDYA), a synthetic lethality-focused precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics, announced First-Patient-In (FPI) in the Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating IDE397 (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04794699). IDE397 is a potential best-in-class methionine adenosyltransferase 2a (MAT2A) inhibitor being evaluated in cancer patients harboring methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) deletion.
"We are excited to dose the first patient in the evaluation of IDE397 targeting MAT2A in MTAP deletion patients. IDE397 has the potential to be broadly impactful for cancer patients with MTAP deletion, which is prevalent in approximately 15% of solid tumors," said Anthony Tolcher, M.D., Director of Clinical Research, Founder and CEO at NEXT Oncology.
IDE397 is an internally discovered potential best-in-class MAT2A inhibitor that received IND-clearance from the U.S. FDA to initiate Phase 1 in Q1 2021. As reported at AACR 2021, IDE397 demonstrated significant single-agent anti-tumor activity in a 40-plus MTAP-deletion study, including tumor regressions, across major solid tumor types, such as NSCLC, gastric, esophageal, bladder, among others. In addition to IDE397 monotherapy, IDEAYA is evaluating multiple potential combinations preclinically, including in the PRMT pathway and with taxanes, among others. Multiple clinical trial sites are being activated across the U.S. to evaluate IDE397 clinically, and MTAP-deletion patients will be identified for study enrollment through commercially available Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms and with an MTAP-IHC assay which IDEAYA has developed in collaboration with Ventana.
"We believe that IDE397 is a differentiated small molecule MAT2A inhibitor, with the potential for monotherapy clinical development in genetically defined MTAP deleted cancers," said Matthew Maurer, M.D., Vice President, Head of Clinical Oncology and Medical Affairs at IDEAYA Biosciences. "Dosing our first patient for IDE397 in our Phase 1 MTAP-deletion solid tumor trial is a substantial company milestone. IDEAYA is targeting to advance our next two Synthetic Lethality programs in PARG and Pol Theta to development candidate stage in 2021 and advancing our internal pipeline in the MTAP-deletion synthetic lethality space to complement our Phase 1 MAT2A inhibitor IDE397," said Yujiro S. Hata, President and Chief Executive Officer, IDEAYA Biosciences.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IDEAYA Biosciences (IDYA) Reports Dose Expansion in Phase 1/2 Study of Darovasertib and Crizotinib Combination Based on Early Clinical Efficacy in First Combination Cohort
- FSD Pharma (HUGE) Announces Investigational New Animal Drug Filing With the FDA to Treat Dogs With Enteropathy
- Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) Tops Q1 EPS by 15c, Revenues Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!