UPDATE: Biofrontera AG (BFRA) Prices 1.33M ADS Offering at $6.68/ADS
- Wall Street rebounds after two-day fall; Netflix slides
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop on U.S. crude build, COVID-19 surge in India
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- U.S. dollar losses bounce after Canada tips toward higher rates
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - February 24, 2021 5:57 AM EST)
Biofrontera AG (NASDAQ: BFRA), an international biopharmaceutical company, today announced the pricing of a U.S. underwritten public offering of 1,334,002 American Depositary Shares, or ADSs, at an offering price of $6.68 per ADS. Each ADS represents two of Biofrontera’s ordinary shares, nominal value €1.00 per share.
The Company expects to receive aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $8.9 million from this offering, before deducting underwriting discounts, commissions and other related expenses. The offering is expected to close on or about February 26, 2021, subject to completion of the capital increase, which has to be recorded in the commercial register of the Company.
This offer is part of a concurrent preemptive rights offering by Biofrontera of its ordinary shares pursuant to German law to its existing holders of ordinary shares, under which Biofrontera offers a total of 8,969,870 ordinary shares at an offering price of €2.75 per share (or approximately $3.34 per share, representing the same per share price as the one used in the ADS offering).
Proceeds from these offerings will be used to conduct clinical studies aimed at improving the market positioning of Biofrontera’s lead product Ameluz®, in particular to seek FDA or other applicable regulatory approval for the extension of the indications in the United States to basal cell carcinoma, acne and actinic keratoses on body areas other than the face and scalp, as well as to complete the development of a larger BF-RhodoLED® lamp, invest in the procurement of the necessary materials for it and to seek any FDA or other regulatory approvals required to launch the new lamp, and for general corporate purposes.
The Benchmark Company, LLC is acting as the managing underwriter with Lake Street Capital Markets acting as co-manager and as the “qualified independent underwriter” in connection with this offering.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Peeling paint, unsanitary practices among issues at U.S. plant making J&J COVID-19 vaccine -FDA
- 22nd Century Group (XXII) Issues Annual Letter to Shareholders
- Aion Therapeutic's Proprietary Mushroom Preparations Shown Effective in Killing Breast Cancer Cells