UPDATE: Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Tops Q1 EPS by 51c
- Dow ends at record high after upbeat jobless claims report
- PayPal (PYPL) Gains After Topping Q1 and Guidance Expectations, Crypto Seen as a Key Growth Driver Going Forward
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
- Fed's Kaplan wants taper talk 'sooner rather than later'
- U.S. weekly jobless claims drop below 500,000; layoffs lowest since 2000
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - April 22, 2021 4:14 PM EDT)
Ameris Bancorp (NASDAQ: ABCB) reported Q1 EPS of $1.66, $0.51 better than the analyst estimate of $1.15.
Commenting on the Company's results, Palmer Proctor, the Company's Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are pleased with our first quarter results, where we saw solid loan growth, increases in core deposits, stable credit, robust fees and continued momentum in our banking division efficiency initiatives. An improving economy, which resulted in a reversal of provision expense and a recovery of previous MSR (mortgage servicing right) impairment, along with the tremendous core earnings power of Ameris, resulted in tangible book value growth of 6.7% this quarter. Our teammates have continued to remain focused on our key initiatives of superior and innovative customer service, which delivers top-in-class financial results. We are excited about the opportunities we see in our markets and the strength that we have going into the remainder of 2021."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Paylocity Holding (PCTY) Tops Q3 EPS by 21c, Revenues Beat; Offers 4Q & FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Sierra Metals (SMTS) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat
- Pembina Pipeline (PBA) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!