UPDATE: AT&T (T) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS, Revenues Miss; Reaffirms FY19 Guidance
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - Included FY19 Outlook Summary)
AT&T (NYSE: T) reported Q4 EPS of $0.86, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.86. Revenue for the quarter came in at $48 billion versus the consensus estimate of $48.5 billion.
Fourth-Quarter Consolidated Results
- Diluted EPS of $0.66 as reported compared to $3.08 in the year-ago quarter (2017 impacted by tax reform)
- Net income of $4.9 billion compared to $19.0 billion in the year-ago quarter (2017 impacted by tax reform)
- Adjusted EPS of $0.86 compared to $0.78 in the year-ago quarter
- Cash from operations of $12.1 billion, up 27%
- Capital expenditures of $4.2 billion
- Dividend payout ratio 46%1
- Free cash flow of $7.9 billion, up 78%
- Consolidated revenues of $48.0 billion
As Part of Fourth-Quarter Results, AT&T Reports:
- Strong Cash from Operations and Record Free Cash Flow
- Consolidated Pro Forma Adjusted EBITDA Growth
- Deleveraging Plan on Track
- 2019 Guidance Reaffirmed
“Our top priority for 2018 and 2019 is reducing our debt and I couldn’t be more pleased with how we closed the year. In 2018, we generated record free cash flow while investing at near-record levels. Our dividend payout as a percent of free cash flow was 46% for the quarter and 60% for the year, allowing us to increase the dividend for the 35th consecutive year,” said Randall Stephenson, AT&T chairman and CEO. “This momentum will carry us into 2019 allowing us to continue reducing our debt while investing in the business and continuing our strong record for paying dividends.”
AT&T expects in 2019:
- Free cash flow in the $26 billion range;
- Low single-digit adjusted EPS growth;
- Dividend payout ratio in the high 50s% range;
- End-of-year net debt to adjusted EBITDA in the 2.5x range;
- Gross capital investment in the $23 billion range4
For earnings history and earnings-related data on AT&T (T) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- Apollo Global Management (APO) Expands Board to 18-Members; Adds David Simon, Jim Belardi, Mitra Hormozi, Marc Beilinson and Lynn Swann to Board
- TD Holdings, Inc. (GLG) Announces Appointment of New CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!