Tyme Technologies (TYME) Granted U.S. Patent Claims Covering Use of Tyrosine-Based Drug Delivery Method to Treat Cancer
- Wall Street dips as strong retail data boosts Treasury yields
- Electronic Arts (EA) Rebounds on Reaffirmed Guidance Despite Battlefield 2042 Delay, Be Concerned But Not Worried Says Analyst
- U.S. retail sales surprise to upside in strong boost to economy
- Chat Platform Discord Raises $500 Million, Valuation More Than Doubled In Less Than a Year
- Dollar index jumps after U.S. retail sales show surprise rebound
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tyme Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: TYME), an emerging biotechnology company developing cancer metabolism-based therapies (CMBTs™), announced that it has received notification that the United States Patent and Trademark Office has granted additional patent claims related to the Company’s metabolomic technology platform. The patent, U.S. Patent No. 11,058,638, involves a targeted delivery of therapeutics to cancer cells.
Tyme has developed a technology by which the tyrosine isomer racemetyrosine (α-methylparatyrosine) can be fused with a second therapeutic agent in a manner that creates a fusion compound that may allow targeted delivery to the cancer cells in a novel manner. This method of delivery, is predicated on the metabolic phenomenon in which cancer cells consume higher quantities of non-essential amino acids, including tyrosine, from their surrounding environment to support their growth because they cannot make enough of these amino acids.
“This technology could provide Tyme an opportunity to expand its current cancer-metabolism based approach with a drug delivery platform that’s aimed to deliver toxic therapies in a targeted manner that could offer improved safety and efficacy for a range of anticancer drugs.” said Steve Hoffman, Tyme’s Chief Scientific Officer.
“This delivery technology is another example of our innovative spirit at Tyme. Even though this approach is still in its early stages, if proven, it has the potential to be a broadly leveraged platform technology.” said Richie Cunningham, CEO of Tyme.
The delivery technology is an investigational method of drug delivery in the pre-clinical phase of development that is not approved in the U.S. for any disease indication and requires further studies, which the Company plans to initiate this year.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Soligenix, Inc. (SNGX) to Advance Synthetic Hypericin Development in Psoriasis
- Toll Brothers (TOL), SunPower (SPWR) Announce Exclusive Agreement to Provide Solar and Storage to Toll Brothers Homes in California
- Worksport Ltd (WKSP) to Launch TerraVis Solar & COR Battery Pre-Order Portal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!